We have two situations in this case:
1) Internal Hard Disk (Laptop & Desktop)
2) External USB Drive
Reasons For Error:
- Electrical damage to the printed circuit board ( PCB Short Circuit )
- Seizure of the Platter Motor – what powers to the spinning of platters.
- A head crash. This occurs when the read/write heads of a hard drive come into contact or stuck with the platters.
- If your hard drive was accidentally dropped, bumped, or had a sudden impact, the hard drive may have stopped spinning.
- Sometimes this error is due to a faulty USB Port. ( Faulty USB Port is not giving proper Power Supply to the USB Drive )
Solution For Error:
- Try another USB Port or Try to Connect your Hard Drive on a different PC or Laptop & check if the issue is resolved or not. (in case of USB Drives)
- Try another USB cable or check for the faulty USB connector on the USB Hard Drive.
- In case of Laptop Internal Hard Drives, Remove the Hard Drive from your laptop & Buy a USB to SATA or IDE Casing according to the Hard drive interface, & check if the drive is working with it or not.
- In case of Desktop Internal Hard Drives, Try Connecting Other SATA or IDE power ports as well as Data interface ports also.
Please Note: If Replacing cables & using USB Casing does not help in this case and still you can’t hear the drive spinning sound, that means your Hard Drive is Totally Dead, If Data is important & your Hard Drive is under Warranty, Visit a Data Recovery Service Providers only, so that after recovering data you can replace the drive from the service center as well. Please don’t visit a local computer repair shop.
- Disk Unknown Not Initialized in Windows 10/8/7/2008, How to Fix?
- How To Fix The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error?
- How To Do 31 Mb RAW Partition SD & Micro SD Memory Cards?
- Seagate 1TB External Hard Disk Drive Clicking Noise How To Fix It?
(Data Recovery Professionals)
307, 3rd Floor, Ashok Bhawan-93,
Nehru Place, New Delhi, India
Call us for a free advice.